We have a nice selection of alpaca products to keep you warm and cozy from your head to your toes! Visit our farm store in person during our Open Farm Days or purchase online.
All orders ship FREE in the continental US! Please allow one to two weeks for shipping.
What makes alpaca fiber so remarkable?
– unique thermal properties
– lightweight and breathable
– keeps you comfortably warm
– silky soft like cashmere/stronger and warmer than wool
– extremely durable, yet luxurious
– more than 22 natural colors
– resistant to odors, tearing, pilling, staining, moisture, static and aging
Because of the hollow core within each fiber follicle, and the lack of natural oils in an alpaca’s coat, alpaca fiber has a thermal nature that gives alpaca clothing its lightweight, breathable, comfortable and warm qualities.
People often describe alpaca clothing as “soft as cashmere – smooth as silk.” The hypo-allergenic qualities derive from the absence of natural oils. The smooth surface of each follicle eliminates the “prickle effect” associated with more coarse fibers and contributes to the exquisite luster and luxury of alpaca fleece.
Alpaca fiber contains a natural resin which protects it from aging and getting dirty. This natural resin provides a built-in resistance to water, pilling, wrinkling, and staining.